At Interstate Custom Kitchen and Bath, we truly believe the Kitchen is the “heart” of the home. It is the place we often gravitate to throughout the day. It is where memories are made as we share stories with friends and family, teach little ones how to make their first batch of cookies, celebrate birthdays, holidays, and so much more! That’s why we offer custom kitchen remodeling services!
Here at Interstate, we work with our clients to create the perfect kitchen space for them. Each Client is unique in how they intend to use the space, and the finished project should reflect that. There is no “one right answer” to what a kitchen renovation should look like. The staff at Interstate works directly with the Client to learn their individual needs, desires, and design styles to help them coordinate a beautiful kitchen remodel that is perfect for them.
Our Custom Kitchen Remodeling Process
Here at Interstate Custom Kitchen & Bath, we strive to create beautiful, functional, and inviting spaces that inspire you and your family for generations to come. Below, we will detail the steps in our custom kitchen remodeling process.
Please Contact Us!!
Initial Consultation: (45 min to 1 ½ hrs)
• Determine the scope of the project
• Identify key needs and wants
• Browse through the showroom and discuss material options
• Provide some initial design ideas
• Discuss budget parameters for your project
Second Consultation: (1 to 2 hours)
• We will present to you a Comprehensive 3-column Budget Scenario which outlines everything to be included in the project and demonstrates where there may be flexibility in the pricing; allowing the Client to control the budget and price-point of the project.
• We will discuss in detail our shopping process.
• At the end of this appointment is when you would make a decision to provide a design retainer and move forward with the shopping process.
Shopping Process: (typically 5 appointments, 1 to 2 hours each)
• Finalizing layout and design
• Making all material selections
• Determining the final placement of all the fixtures
• Completing a job site assessment, including mechanicals, and confirming dimensions (at your home)
• Meeting with subcontractors to quote the required work (at your home)
(Behind the Scenes) Our Design Team will Create a final presentation: (4-8 hours)
• Detailed drawings
• Determine total project cost with an itemized list of all material and labor
• Create a thorough Project Agreement (contract) with a clear definition of scope
• Create a Project Board with materials, pictures, and colors laid out
Final Presentation: (1½ to 2 hours)
• A Project Board with materials, colors, elevations, and textures
• Your itemized pricing, clearly explaining your total investment
• A finalized Project Agreement
• Discuss each item on the Jobsite Information Page
Once everything is acceptable as written, we will sign the Project Agreement and schedule your project (How Exciting!!)
Final Measure: (1 hour)
• Confirm all necessary dimensions for the purpose of ordering materials
• Make any necessary or specialized installation notes
• Determine job site access, storage, special considerations, and troubleshoot any potential issues